Thursday, July 28, 2016
AVOCADO PESTO THE PALEO WAY ENJOY DAN:
AVOCADO PESTO THE PALEO WAY by CHEF DAN:
Makes 1 cup
2.5-cup fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons EACH toasted pine nuts, and toasted hemp seeds
2-3 garlic cloves
1/4--teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 avocado, peeled
1/4-cup avocado oil
Healthy pinch of red pepper flakes
1. In dry fry pan over medium-heat roasted the pine nuts & seeds until browned.
2. Combine basil leaves, pine nuts, hemp seeds, garlic cloves, sea salt, and lemon juice in a food processor, until coarsely chopped.
3. Add the avocado, and lightly pulse.
4. Now slowly pour in the avocado oil while blending until pesto mixture is smooth.
5. Stir in red pepper flakes if you want a little spice.
6. Place In a Mason jar and refrigerate until needed.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!