Thursday, July 21, 2016
PALEO DIET SPICY SHRIMP STIR-FRY ENJOY DAN:
PALEO DIET SPICY SHRIMP STIR FRY by CHEF DAN:
1/2-cup lemon juice
1 onion, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, grated
1 teaspoon EACH turmeric, and curry blend (recipe to follow)
1.5-pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Mix together lemon juice, and next 7 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add shrimp and cover and refrigerate in the marinate overnight.
3. Remove shrimp reserving the marinate.
4. Heat coconut oil in a wok over medium-high heat when sizzling.
5. Add shrimp and stir-fry until shrimp are opaque about 5 minutes.
6. Add reserved marinate and bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
CURRY BLEND: (MAKES 1/2-CUP)
1-Tablespoon each ground turmeric, and ground coriander
3-tablespoons Hungarian paprika,
2 teaspoons EACH aground cumin, ground red pepper, fenugreek, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground fennel
1/2-teaspoon EACH ground cardamom, cinnamon, and ground cloves
1. Grind the spices in a spice grinder; store in Mason jar for 2 months.
ENJOY DAN: HALLELUJAH!!