Saturday, July 16, 2016
PALEO HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPE ENJOY DAN:
PALEO HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPE by CHEF DAN:
Makes 8 cups
1 cup cashews
1 cup almonds
1/2-cup shelled pistachios
1/2-cup toasted hazelnuts
1/2-cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2-cup pumpkin seeds
1/4-cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup Hemp seeds
1/4-cup coconut oil
1/4-cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
1 teaspoon EACH fenugreek seeds and lemon pepper
1/2-teaspoon EACH cinnamon, and sea salt
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup tart dried cherries
1-cup golden raisins
DIRECTIONS (PREHEAT OVEN TO 275 F)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roughly chop the almonds, pistachios, and hazelnuts.
3. Combine with shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds hemp seeds chai seeds and fenugreek seeds.
4. Combine the oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a fry pan over low-heat, stirring until well combined.
5. Pour the warm mixture over the nut and seed mixture, stir to coat.
6. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto the baking sheet, about 1/2-inch- to 3/4-inch thick.
7. Bake stirring every 15 minutes, bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Remove from the oven, stir in cranberries, cherries, raisins and lemon pepper.
9. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
10. The granola will harden slightly into a brittle-like consistency.
11. Break the granola into pieces and place in zip-lock bag.
12. It will keep for 2 weeks.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!