Thursday, July 21, 2016
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS CHICKEN FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS CHICKEN FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
1/4-cup fish sauce
1/4-cup curry powder
1/4-cup soy sauce
1/4-cup red wine vinegar
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, thinly sliced
1 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
8 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cubed
22 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 fresh lemongrass stalks, cut into 5 inch lengths
4 onions, chopped
Garnish with dry roasted peanuts
1. In a bowl combine fish sauce and next 7 ingredients.
2. Add the chicken and mix to coat.
3. Marinated for 1 hour.
4. In a soup-pot add the oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
5. Add the lemongrass, onion, and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add chicken and sauté for 4 minutes.
7. Add broth bring to a boil; and simmer for 1 hour.
8. Garnish with dry roasted peanuts.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!