Wednesday, July 20, 2016
CROCCK POT BABY BACK RIBS WITH WHISKEY GLAZE ENJOY DAN:
CROCK POT BABY BACK RIBS WITH WHISKEY GLAZE by CHEF DAN:
FOR THE RIBS:
4 pounds baby back ribs, (silver skin removed)
Cut ribs into serving-size sections to fit in the crock pot
1/3-cup beef broth
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 cups scotch
2 cups bourbon
1/2-cup maple syrup
1/4-cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons EACH Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard
1-teaspoon EACH cayenne pepper and chili powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Trim off excess fat.
2. Place all rib ingredients in the crock pot.
3. Cover and cook 5 hours on low.
1. In a saucepan, over medium-heat, stir together all glaze ingredients.
2. Boil gently, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened enough to blackened the back of a spoon, 10-12 minutes.
3. Transfer ribs from crock pot to a greased grill over medium-heat.
4. Close lid and grill, turning and brushing with glaze, until coated and sticky, about 5 minutes.
5. Serve on a platter and enjoy:
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!