Friday, February 12, 2016
STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH QUINOA IN A BOAT ENJOY DAN:
STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH QUINOA IN A BOAT by CHEF DAN:
1 spaghetti squash
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 shallot, chopped
6 crimini mushrooms, sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon EACH garlic powder, ginger powder and cumin
3 teaspoons olive oil
Sea salt and Seasoned Pepper Medley
DIRECTIONS; (PRE-HEAT THE OVEN TO 425 F)
1. Cut each squash in half and spoon out the seeds.
2. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil and a splash of salt and pepper.
3. Place in a baking sheet with 1 cup of water and bake for 40 minutes.
4. With a fork remove spaghetti strands, place in a dish; reserve shell.
5. Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
6. In a skillet over medium-heat add 2 tablespoon olive oil when sizzling.
7. Add shallots, mushrooms, tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
8. Add in thyme, garlic powder, ginger powder, cumin and walnuts.
9. Add spaghetti strands and mushroom mixture and cook for 3 minutes.
10. When quinoa is ready add to the sauté mixture.
11. Stuff the quinoa, mushroom mixture into the spaghetti boats.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS AND SING SONGS!!