Sunday, February 21, 2016
ROASTED CURRIED ASPARAGUS AND CAULIFLOWER SALAD ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED CURRIED ASPARAGUS AND CAULIFLOWER SALAD by CHEF DAN:
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
2 heads of garlic
3 tablespoon lemon oil
1-teaspoon EACH curry powder, garam masala, and Tandoori masala
Sea salt and Seasoned Pepper Medley to taste
1/4-cup fresh snipped chives
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
5 ounces baby arugula
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F)
1. Slice the tips off the garlic heads, exposing the cloves.
2. Place the heads in a baking dish.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon lemon over them, season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast 30-40 minutes or until garlic is soft.
5. When cool, gently squeeze garlic cloves from the skins to a dish.
6. Add chives to the garlic dish, swirl in the lemon juice, set aside.
7. In bowl toss cauliflower, asparagus and next 7 ingredients.
8. Toss again to combine.
9. Place on a prepared baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes.
10. Transfer to serving platter, toss with arugula.
11. Top with garlic mixture.
12. Top with toasted chopped walnuts.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS & SING SONGS!!