Monday, February 22, 2016
SPICY CHICKEN STEW WITH BRITT'S BLACK MARKET KIMCHI SLOW COOKED
By CHEF DAN
9 pound cut up whole chicken
2 tablespoons grape-seed oil
1/2-cup Britt’s Kimchi (from Whidbey Island)
8 potatoes cut into chunks
5 carrots cut into big chunks
2 onions cut into big chunks
1 thumb-size fresh ginger sliced
7 garlic cloves,
4 scallions, bias sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/3-cup soy sauce
1/3-cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons red curry sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4-cup toasted sesame seeds.
1. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
2. Add chicken parts and brow non all sides about 10 minutes.
3. Repeat as necessary.
4. Add to crock pot and remaining ingredients except scallions, sesame oil and seeds.
5. Stir well to coat.
6. Cook on high for 4 hours and on low for 8 hours.
7. With a 1/2-hour to go add sesame oil and scallions.
8. Serve with Jasmine rice.
ENJPY DAN: PLANT SEEDS & SING SONGS!!