Sunday, February 7, 2016
SPAGHETTI SQUASH IN THE SHELL ENJOY DAN:
SPAGHETTI SQUASH IN THE SHELL by CHEF DAN:
1-spaghetti squash (about 1-1/2-pounds)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 (15.5 Oz) can black beans, strained
1 (16 Oz) bag petite white corn
3 scallions, bias sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
8 crimini mushrooms, quartered
1 cup coleslaw mix of carrots, and cabbage
1 teaspoon dried red chilies
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons EACH soy sauce, and tamarind
1/2-teaspoon brown sugar
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Cut squash in half, and remove seeds.
2. Place cut side down in prepared baking dish.
3. Place in the dish and add 2 cups of water.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
5. Let cool for about 10 minutes, reserving shell.
6. Use a fork to scrape out the flesh into strings, season with S. &. P.
7. In a skillet over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
8. Add onions and mushrooms, sauté for 4 minutes.
9. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
10. Add black beans, corn, coleslaw, and chilies, and cook for 4 minutes.
11. Add spaghetti squash, scallions and sauce, mix well until the sauce has evenly coated all the vegetables.
12. Cook for 2 minutes.
13. Transfer to the squash shell and top with sesame seeds.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS & SING SONGS: