Sunday, February 7, 2016
CHICKEN GUMBO FOR FAT TUESDAY AT THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
CHICKEN GUMBO FOR FAT TUESDAY AT THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
22 cup chicken broth
7 pound cut up chicken
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 pound frozen okra, thawed
1 cup all-purpose four
2 pound Andouille sausage
1- 5 pound tin diced tomatoes
4 onions, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
5 stalks celery chopped 3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon EACH dried thyme, dried basil, cayenne pepper, black pepper, Cajun seasoning
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Season cut up chicken with Season salt and chili powder.
2. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
3. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Remove bones and skin from the chicken and cut up the meat.
5. In a soup-pot heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-heat when sizzling.
6. Add okra, sausage, onion, pepper, and celery and sauté for 4 minutes.
7. Stir in flour and stir until a deep golden brown.
8. Add bay leaf, spices, and seasonings and cook 4 additions minutes.
9. Add broth, tomatoes and bring to a boil.
10. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
11. Add cooked chicken and simmer an additional 20 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS AND SING SONGS: