Sunday, February 14, 2016
AMISH AMERICAN DUTCH SCRAPPLE ENJOY DAN:
AMISH AMERICAN DUTCH SCRAPPLE by CHEF DAN:
1 whole onion
4 cups water
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon EACH marjoram, sage, ground thyme, ground mace, ground coriander, and Seasoned Pepper Medley
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup cold water
1. Crumble pork sausage in a skillet.
2. Add onion and 4 cups water.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Strain sausage and reserve broth, set sausage aside.
5. Add salt and next 5 ingredients add to the broth, bring to a boil.
6. Combine cornmeal and 1 cup cold water.
7. Gradually add cornmeal to the broth, stirring constantly.
8. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Add sausage, stir it all together and pour into 9 X 5 X 3- loaf pan.
10. Refrigerate overnight.
11. Next morning cut into slices, coat with flour if desired, and brown in butter.
12. Serve hot with eggs for a healthy breakfast.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS ANDSING SONGS: