Monday, February 15, 2016
BRAZILIAN FISH STEW (Moqueca de Peixe) ENJOY DAN:
BRAZILIAN FISH STEW (Moqueca de Peixe) By CHEF DAN:
6 servings 1-1/2-cups each
FOR TH FISH:
1-1/2-pounds, boneless, skinless sward fish fillets cut into 2” pieces
8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons lime juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, minced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2-onion finely sliced
3 garlic cloves,
1 tablespoon EACH red curry paste, paprika and brown sugar
1 bell pepper, finely sliced
1 (10 Oz) can RO *TEL dice tomatoes & green chilies
1 (8 Oz) bottle clam juice
1 cup Mae Ploy coconut milk
1/4-cup fresh cilantro, minced
1/2-cup Thai basil leaves, mince
Cooked jasmine rice to serve
1. Combine the sword fish and next 6 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Toss everything together to combine and let marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Then drain the fish and shrimp and eliminate liquid, set aside
1. In a skillet melt the oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
2. Add the onion and next 5 ingredients and sauté 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and stir to combine, seas with salt and pepper.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add the marinated fish and shrimp.
5. Season with salt and pepper then add the clam juice coconut milk.
6. Bring stew to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Taste and add more lime juice of needed.
8. Add cilantro and basil.
9. Serve the stew over jasmine rice.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS & SING SONGS!!