Saturday, February 20, 2016
ROSTED CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH ORANGE AND TARRAGON ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH ORANGE AND TARRAGON
By CHEF DAN:
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1-1/2-teaspoon EACH curry powder, garam masala, and Tamdoori masala
5 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and Seasoned Pepper Medley to taste
2 navel oranges
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons EACH Dijon mustard, and lemon pepper
3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped
1/4-cup slivered almonds
5 ounces baby arugula
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 450 F)
1. In a bowl toss cauliflower and nest 4 ingredients:
2. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with S. &.P. to taste.
3. Toss again.
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and roast for abbot 20-25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile slice the ends off the oranges so they lay flat on the cutting board.
6. Cut the segments from the membranes, letting them fall into the bowl.
7. In another bowl whisk the vinegar, mustard and lemon pepper with 3 tablespoon olive oil.
8. Whisk in 3 tablespoons orange juice, and season with salt and pepper.
9. Add the cauliflower, almonds, and craisins to the orange segments.
10. Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat.
11. Transfer to serving platter; toss the arugula with just enough vinaigrette to coat lightly.
12. Top the cauliflower mixture with arugula.
13. Drizzle with reaming vinaigrette, and serve.
ENJOY DAN: PLANT SEEDS & SING SONGS: