Monday, March 30, 2015
PORTOBELLA MUSHROOM STUFFED WITH GORGONZOLA ENJOY DAN:
PORTABELLA MUSHROOM STUFFED WITH GORGONZOLA by CHEF DAN:
2 Portabella mushrooms, stalks removed and chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper taste
3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
3/4-teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 mushroom stalks, finely chopped
1/2-Romero pepper, chopped
1/4-cup fresh chives
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES)
1. Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
2. Divide the butter between each mushroom.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and divide cilantro onto each.
4. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
5. In a skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
6. Add shallot, cumin powder, and sauté for 3 minutes.
7. Add garlic and mushroom stalks, Romero pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
8. Spoon the mixture into the 2 baked mushrooms.
9. Place gorgonzola n top and sprinkle with Panko.
10. Place the mushrooms into the oven and roast 4 more minutes.
11. Then place under the broiler and broil for 2 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
12. Place the mushrooms onto a serving plate and sprinkle on cilantro and chives.