Saturday, March 28, 2015
RISOTTO PRIMAVERA ENJOY DAN:
RISOTTO PRIMAVERA by CHEF DAN:
4-1/2-cups mushroom broth
1/2-cup dried porcini mushrooms
2 tablespoons EACH olive oil and butter
1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed, cut on the bias into 1-inch pieces
1/2-onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 whole carrots, peeled and finely diced
1/2-cup cauliflower pieces
1 yellow squash, finely diced
Sea salt or to taste. Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4-cup butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
1-1/2- cups Arborio rice
1-1/2-cups dry white wine
Sea salt to taste
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4-cup mascarpone or cream cheese
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving.
1. Bring 4-1/2-cups of water to boil in sauce-pan.
2. Add dried porcini mushrooms; remove from heat and let rest 30 minutes until soften.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to work surface, reserving liquid.
4. Chop mushrooms coarsely.
5. Heat the mushroom broth to a swimmer, and set aside
6. In skillet heat oil and butter over medium-low heat when sizzling.
7. Add asparagus, onion, garlic, carrots, stir and sauté for 4 minutes.
8. Add cauliflower and squash, hit with salt and cook 1 minute.
9. Remove from skillet and set aside.
10. Add butter to the same skillet over medium-low heat
11. Add rice and stir, cooking for 1 minute; add 1/2-the wine.
12. Adding salt and pepper; stir and cook until liquid is absorbed.
13. Add other half of wine and cook until absorbed.
14. Over the next 45 minutes, add 1 cup of simmering broth at a time, stirring and cooking until each addition of broth has absorbed.
15. Add peas, stirring to combine.
16. Once rice is cooked, remove from heat, stir in mascarpone, Parmesan and vegetables until all the mascarpone is combined.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!