Monday, March 9, 2015
DELICIOUS SHRIMP SCAMPI ENJOY DAN:
DELICIOUS SHRIMP SCAMPI by CHEF DAN:
1/2-cup all-purpose flour
1/4-teaspoon sea salt
1/2-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4-teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2-teaspoon smoked paprika
1-1/2-pounds shrimp shelled and deveined
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2-teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoon brandy 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 lemon, wedges
1. In a bowl combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
2. Mix thoroughly and dredge shrimp in the flour mixture.
3. In a skillet add oil over high-heat when sizzling.
4. Add shrimp and sauté for 4-5 minutes, tossing often.
5. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a serving dish, leaving oil in pan.
6. Over medium-heat add shallot, garlic, and Italian seasoning lemon juice sauté for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
7. Spoon the mixture over the shrimp on the serving dish.
8. Return pan to the heat, pour in wine and brandy.
9. Ignite with a match or lighter of if you have a gas burner, tip to flame.
10. When the flames die down, stir to loosen browned bits on the bottom of the skillet.
11. Pour over the shrimp on the serving platter.
12. Serve with jasmine rice and lemon wedges.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!