Thursday, March 26, 2015
TOFU LASAGNA WITH SPINACH AND EGGPLANT ENJOY DAN:
TOFU LASAGNA WITH SPINACH AND EGGPLANT by CHEF DAN:
1 (16 0z) box lasagna needles, cooked and drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
8 crimini mushrooms, halve
1 eggplant, diced
1 (12 0z) package firm tofu
1 (16 Oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (16 Oz) container of ricotta cheese
2 (10 Oz) package frozen spinach, chopped and thawed
2 (16 Oz) jars spaghetti sauce
2 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES)
1. Place tofu in a strainer between several paper towels and top with heavy pan to press out the liquid.
2. Let rest 30 minutes, reserving 2 tablespoon of the liquid.
3. Cook lasagna according to package directions.
4. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
5. Add onion garlic, mushrooms, and eggplant sauté for 5-7 minutes.
6. Set aside.
7. In blender place tofu and reserved 2 tablespoons of liquid.
8. Cover and process until blended.
9. Add ricotta cheese, process 1-2 minutes.
10. Transfer to a bowl and stir in basil, lemon juice, and mushroom mixture.
11. Stir in spinach and a splash of salt and set aside.
12. Drain noodles.
13. Spread half of the marinara sauce into a 9 X 13-inch baking dish, sprayed with Pam.
14. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/2- the tofu mixture and 1/2- the spinach mixture.
15. Repeat layers of noodles, tofu and spinach.
16. Top with remaining noodles and marinara sauce.
17. Sprinkle with cheeses.
18. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted, let stand for 10 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!