Thursday, March 5, 2015
MURGH MAKHANI (BUTTER CHICKEN) FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
MURGH MAKHANI (BUTTER CHICKEN) FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
2-Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2/3-cup lemon juice
5 teaspoons EACH garlic paste, ginger paste, garam masala, chili powder, ground cumin, and chunky chat masala
5 bay leaves
2 cup plain yogurt
8 cups coconut milk
5 cups tomato puree
5 pinch EACH salt and black pepper
2- Tablespoons vegetable oil
5 pounds skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cubed
5 teaspoons grama masala
5 pinches cayenne pepper
5 tablespoon corn starch
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
3. Stir in butter, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, 3 teaspoons garam masala, chili powder, cumin, bay leaves, and chunky chat masala.
4. Cook stirring, for 1 minute.
5. Add tomato sauce, and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in yogurt and coconut milk.
7. Reduce to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Remove from heat and set aside.
10. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a soup-pot over medium-heat when sizzling.
11. Cook chicken until lightly browned about 10 minutes.
12. Reduce heat, and season with 2 teaspoons garam masala and cayenne.
13. Stir in 1/4-cup sauce, and simmer until liquid has reduced, and chicken is no longer pink.
14. Stir sauce into cooked chicken.
15. Mix together cornstarch and water, then stir into stock pot.
16. Cook 10 minutes or until thickened.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!