Sunday, March 1, 2015
BOEUF BOURGUIGNONNE IN A CROCK-POT ENJOY DAN:
BOEUF BOURGUIGNONNE IN A CROCK POT FOR SOUP KITCHEN PARTY by CHEF DAN:
INGREDIENTS: (SERVE WITH EGG NOODLES)
12 slice thick bacon
4 pounds round steak, cut into cubes
3 onions, peeled and sliced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
9 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 (15 Oz) cans beef broth
3 tablespoon tomato paste
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoon dried thyme
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bag white pearl onions
4 fresh bay leaves
1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
1 (15 Oz) can diced tomatoes
1 bottle red wine
10 crimini mushrooms, halved
1. Cook bacon until crisp
2. Remove from pan and drain.
3. Add beef cubes to the same skillet and brown.
4. Place browned beef cubes in the crock-pot.
5. Add onion slices, and carrot slices, to the skillet.
6. Add tomato paste, thyme, minced garlic, Herbs de Provence and star anise.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Stir in flour and broth and mix well.
9. Add mixture to the crock-pot over the beef.
10. Add bay leaves and pearl onions.
11. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
12. 2 tablespoons butter.
13. Sauté the mushrooms in butter, add to crock-pot with wine 1 hour before serving.
14. Crumble the bacon and serve on the side.
15. Serve with egg noodles.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!