Wednesday, March 25, 2015
SHRIMP BOIL WITH ARTICHOKES AND POTATOES ENJOY DAN:
SOUTH WHIDBEY SHRIMP BOIL WITH ARTICHOKES AND POTATOES
By CHEF DAN:
2 heads garlic, unpeeled
5 bay leaves
2 (3 Oz) boxes LOUISIANA crawfish, shrimp crab boil
1 tablespoon ISLAND SPICE Jamaican curry powder
1 tablespoon OLD BAY seasoning
4 drops Tabasco
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 oranges, halved
3 lemons, halved
2 whole artichokes
15 red potatoes, washed
25 pieces, baby corn
2 onions, sliced
2 (16 Oz) package crimini, halved
2 (16 Oz) packages kielbasa sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
1. In a soup pot, fill with 1/3 full of water.
2. Add garlic, bay leaves, crab boil seasoning, curry powder, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper, oranges, lemons, artichokes, and potatoes.
3. Bring to a boil over high-heat.
4. Reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in corn, onions, and mushrooms, cook for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in sausage and cook 5 minutes.
7. Add shrimp, mixture to a boil, then simmer until shrimp are pink, about 5-6 minutes.
8. Drain off water and pour onto a picnic table covered with news paper.
9. Grab a paper plate and a beer and enjoy.
(NOW WERE COOKING)
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!