Sunday, March 8, 2015
SPICY CRAB BISQUE WITH SHERRY ENJOY DAN:
SPICY CRAB BISQUE WITH SHERRY by CHEF DAN:
4 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 celery rib, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon roasted mashed garlic, (recipe to follow)
1/3-cup all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon
1 (16 Oz) container of chicken broth
1 (8 Oz) bottle clam juice
1/4-cup dry sherry
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 pound lump crab meat
1-tablespoon red curry paste
1 (19 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
1/2-teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Oyster crackers for serving
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat when sizzling.
2. Add onion, celery, carrots, and shallots, cover and cook 10 minutes.
3. Uncover and stir in flour, stirring for 1 minute.
4. Gradually whisk in the broth, clam juice, curry paste sherry, cayenne pepper and tomato paste.
5. Bring to a boil over high-heat.
6. Reduce the heat to low and partially cover the skillet with the lid.
7. Simmer, stirring often, until bisque is lightly thickened, 10 minutes.
8. Add the lump crab and coconut milk, increase heat to medium until just hot do not boil.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
MASHED ROASTED GARLIC:
1 large heat of garlic, halved horizontally
1 teaspoon olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 3OO DEGREES)
Arrange the garlic on a sheet of foil, cut side up and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and then wrap in foil.
Bake for 1 hour, let cool and then squeeze out the soft garlic.
Serve with oyster crackers:
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!