Saturday, March 7, 2015
EASY ORIENTAL STIR-FRY ENJOY DAN:
EASY ORIENTAL STIR FRY by CHEF DAN:
1 tub firm tofu
3 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped
1 carrot, slice on the bias
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 onion, sliced lengthwise
3 baby bok Choy, sliced
1 package frozen peas, thawed and rinsed
1/4-teaspoons EACH Chinese five spice powder, cumin powder, and chili powder
1 hand full vegetable salad kit with kale from Costco
1/4-cup vegetable broth
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoon hoisin sauce
2 tablespoon EACH soy sauce, and tamarind sauce
1/2-teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 cup jasmine rice
1. Place tofu in a strainer between several sheets of paper towels; top with a heavy pan and let rest for 30 minutes.
2. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and set aside.
3. I a wok over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon oil when sizzling.
4. Add tofu and cook until lightly browned on one side and cook 2 minutes.
5. Turn over carefully and cook 2 minutes on other side.
6. Transfer to a plate.
7. Add 1 tablespoon to the wok, when sizzling.
8. Add garlic, ginger, carrot, vegetable salad kit and bell peppers, stir-fry for 1 minute.
9. Add to the plate of tofu.
10. Turn wok to high-heat and add remaining oil, when sizzling.
11. Add onion and stir-fry 1 minute, add peas and stir to coat for 1 minute.
12. Stir in 5 spice powder, broth cumin, chili powder and stir-fry 2-3 minutes.
13. Add brown sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, tamarind sauce and chili oil.
14. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
15. Uncover and add the carrot mixture and tofu, stir to blend for 3 minutes.
16. Season with rice vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
17. Mount the vegetable on a platter and sprinkle with sesame oil.
18. Serve with rice.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!