Thursday, April 2, 2015
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED EGGPLANT AND COCONUT MILK ENJOY DAN:
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED EGGPLANT AND COCONUT MILK
By CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoons Pinot Grigio wine
1 tablespoon grape-seed oil
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 thumb size-fresh ginger, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 teaspoons fish sauce
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
2 teaspoons green chili paste
2 chicken breast tenders
1-tablespoon olive oil
One eggplant, peeled and cut into 3-by-I inch stick
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2-teaspoon lemon zest
1/2-cup Mae Ploy coconut milk
12-(Oz) rice noodles
1/4-cup fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped, unsalted
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 450 DEGREES)
1. Soak rice noodles in hot water for 20 minutes, remove and drain.
2. In backing dish, combine the wine, grapes-seed oil, curry powder, gingr, soy sauce, fish sauce, shallot, and lemon zest.
3. Add the chicken tender and marinate for 1 hour.
4. In a pre-heated oven spread some oil on a baking sheet.
5. Arrange eggplant on the sheet and season with salt and pepper.
6. Bake in the oven until sticks are well browned, about 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and set aside.
8. In a skillet, heat 1- tablespoons olive oil over high heat when sizzling.
9. Add green chili paste and sauté 30 seconds, add chicken and reduce heat to medium-high.
10. Add 1 cup of water, cover reduce-heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 8 minutes.
11. Transfer to a plate.
12. Increase heat to medium-high and add soy sauce and lemon zest boil until liquid is thickened slightly.
13. Return chicken to skillet and add coconut milk and simmer 1 minute.
14. Toss the eggplant with noodles and arrange next to the chicken.
15. Pour sauce over the chicken and noodles, and garnish with cilantro.ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE