Friday, March 27, 2015
BAKED WHITE FISH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND LORI'S PESTO CRUST ENJOY DAN:
BAKED WHITE FISH WITH PARMESAN AND LORI’S PESTO CRUST
By CHEF DAN:
4 fish fillets, (6 Oz) each, red snapper, or sole fillets, or halibut, or tilapia
1/4-cup toasted pine nuts
1/4-cup Lori’s pesto, (recipe to follow)
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoon lemon pepper
3 tablespoon mayonnaise
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES)
1. Spray a casserole dish with Pam.
2. In a dry iron skillet toast pine nuts, then chop and set aside.
3. Remove fillets from the refrigerator and let sit and come to room temperature.
4. In a bowl add chopped pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, Lori’s pesto, lemon pepper, and mayonnaise.
5. Rub the pesto crust mixture evenly over the fish fillets.
6. Pile it on so all the crust mixture is used.
7. Bake fish 12-15 minutes, until fish is firm to the touch and mixture is slightly browned
LORI’S PESTO RECIPE:
12-cup pine nuts
4 cups packed fresh basil
2/3 cup olive oil
8 garlic cloves,
1/2-cup Parmesan cheese
1. In a blender pulse the first 3 ingredients together.
2. While pulsing add oil in a slow steady stream.
3. Remove from blender and stir in Parmesan cheese.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!