Saturday, March 7, 2015
INDIAN FISH CURRY ENJOY DAN:
INDIAN FISH CURRY by CHEF DAN:
4 fish fillets tilapia, monk fish, cod, Hara white carp, cut into chunks
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2-teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2-teaspoon EACH mustard seeds, and fenugreek seeds
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon EACH turmeric powder, cumin powder, sumac powder coriander powder, and Chunky Chat Masala
1/4-teaspoon EACH chili powder. And black pepper
1/2-cup fish stock or chicken stock
4 tomatoes, peeled 2 chopped into chunks and 2 pureed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (10 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
1 tablespoon lime juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Mix the marinate ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Add fish fillets, and place in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon oil over medium-heat when sizzling.
4. Add mustard and fenugreek seed and when they start popping.
5. Add onion and fry over medium-heat for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add ginger and sauté for 2 minutes, reduce heat to low.
7. Add turmeric, cumin, sumac, coriander, Masala, chili powder, and black pepper.
8. Fry 2 minutes and add tomatoes, and stock, stir well and cook 4-5 minutes.
9. Add coconut milk and stir to combine.
10. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice, and stir.
11. Add the seasoned fish (do not stir and just turn once).
12. Cook 5-7 minutes.
13. Remove fillets from the skillet and add cilantro.
14. Stir to combine.
15. Spoon curry sauce over the fish fillets.
16. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
17. Serve with basmati rice.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!