Wednesday, March 25, 2015
TIIRAMISU AN ITALIAN CLASSIC ENJOY DAN:
TIRAMISU A ITALIAN CLASSIC by CHEF DAN:
3 cups strong espresso coffee, cooled to room temperature
4 eggs, separated
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2-cup Kailua or coffee liqueur
1/4-cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 pound mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy cream
3/4-cup dark chocolate, finely grated
1 packet Lady Finger Biscuits
1/2-cup heavy whipping cream
1. Whisk the eggs yolks and sugar until smooth.
2. Beat with electric mixer until mixture goes pale and thick.
3. Add mascarpone and beat until combined.
4. Whip the cream until stiff peaks hold, fold gently into the egg mixture.
5. Beat egg whites to soft peaks, in a clean bowl.
6. If there is any grease, they won’t whip properly.
7. Fold the whites into the mascarpone egg mixture.
8. Put the coffee, Kailua, and Irish cream in a bowl.
9. Dip biscuits into coffee one at a time.
10. Layer your dish with coffee mixture covering the whole bottom.
11. Place half the mascarpone mix on top and spread out.
12. Repeat with remaining biscuits and mascarpone, finishing with creamy layer.
13. Smooth the surface.
14. Dust with finely grated chocolate.
15. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!