Sunday, March 1, 2015
PATLICAN SALATASI SMOKEY EGGPLANT SALAD FROM TURKEY ENJOY DAN:
PATLICAN SALATASI (SMOKEY EGGPLANT SALAD) by CHEF DAN:
4 eggplants, the fatter the better
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup Greek yogurt
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 green bell pepper
1/2- teaspoon sea salt
4 black olives for serving
DIRECTIONS: (pre-heat oven to 400 degrees)
1. Pierce the eggplants and bell pepper skins in several places.
2. On a prepared baking sheet place eggplants and pepper.
3. Roast at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
4. Place them in colander to cool.
5. Press down gently on the eggplants t squeeze out as much juice as possible whiteout breaking them apart.
6. In a bowl through in the crushed garlic, oil, lemon juice, mix thoroughly
7. Set aside.
8. When eggplants. And pepper are cool, peel them carefully.
9. Remove all the charred skin DO NOT run under cold water.
10. Leaving even small pieces will create a bitter taste.
11. Discard sections with a lot seeds.
12. Add eggplant to the yogurt mixture and mash with a fork.
13. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
14. Chill for 1 hour.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!