Friday, March 27, 2015
ASPARAGUS WITH TARRAGON VINAIGRETTE ENJOY DAN:
ASPARAGUS WITH TARRAGON VINAIGRETTE by CHEF DAN:
1-bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed, peeled if desired
Salt for boiling water
1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
1 shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
1-teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of water of salted water to a boil.
2. Make an ice bath by filling a large bowl ice and cold water.
3. Add asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Strain the asparagus and transfer to the ice bath to cool.
5. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
6. In a blender add vinegar, shallot, tarragon, and Dijon mustard.
7. Adding oil in a slow stream until emulsified.
8. Arrange asparagus on a platter.
9. Drizzle with vinaigrette and grind lots of black pepper.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!