Friday, March 6, 2015
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER WITH TOMATOES ENJOY DAN:
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER WITH TOMATOES by CHEF DAN:
2-teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons EACH ground coriander, chunky chat masala and curry powder
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoon EACH mustard seeds, kalonji seeds, and cumin seeds
1/2-teaspoon EACH asafetida powder, chili powder, and sumac
2 Serrano chilies, chopped
1 head of cauliflower, cored and roughly chopped
3 plum tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a bowl combine, paprika, coriander, masala, curry powder and turmeric.
2. Set aside:
3. Heat oil in a skillet over high-heat when sizzling,
4. Add mustard seeds kalonji seeds, and cumin seeds.
5. Cook until fragrant, and start to pop.
6. Add asafetida, chili powder, sumac, Serrano chilies, cauliflower, and 1/4-cup water.
7. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
8. Lower heat to medium, add tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper
9. Cover and cook 2 more minutes.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!