Sunday, March 29, 2015
STEAMED ARTICHOKES WITH GARLIC LEMON BUTTER ENJOY DAN:
STEAMED ARTICHOKES WITH GARLIC LEMON BUTTER by CHEF DAN:
4 fresh artichokes
1 lemon slices in rounds
6 cloves of garlic, sliced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
GARLIC LEMON BUTTER:
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Wash artichokes, make sure to shake out excess water so the don’t get soggy when steamed.
2. Cut stems and top 1-1/2-inches from artichokes.
3. Cut away outside row of artichokes leaves.
4. Using scissors cut off pointed tips of leaves.
5. Stuff lemon slices, garlic, parsley and thyme into artichokes.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Place in vegetable steamer, covered over boiling water.
8. Steam for about 35 minutes or until knife pieces base easily.
9. Pull out with thongs and let cool 10 minutes.
10. Meanwhile in a skillet over medium-heat add butter when sizzling.
11. Add garlic and thyme, cook 1 minute.
12. Add lemon juice and butter.
13. Whisk until butter melts.
14. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
15. Serve artichokes with seasoned butter.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!