Sunday, June 18, 2017
SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoons butter
2 Vidalia’s marque sweet onions (from Georgia)
1/2-tablespoon white sugar
1/4-cup cooking Sherry
1-(4 Oz) package Lipton onion soup mix
3-1/2-cups beef froth
1/4-teaspoon EACH thyme, dried basil, and Hungarian paprika
1 bay leaf
4 slices French bread
1/4-cip shredded Yukon gold cheese (from W.S.U.)
1/8-cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a skillet heat butter over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
2. Add onion and cook until translucent about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle on white sugar, reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly.
4. Add garlic and cook 1 minutes.
5. Stir in Sherry to deglaze the skillet.
6. Transfer to the crock-pot.
7. Add Lipton soup mix and next 5 ingredients.
8. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
9. About 10 minutes before serving, set oven rack about 8-inches from heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
10. Remove bay leaf.
11. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet.
12. Broil bread slices until toasted about 2 minutes.
13. Combine the 3 cheeses in a bowl, tossing lightly.
14. Fill oven safe soup crocks 3/4-full of onion soup and float a bred slice in each bowl.
15. Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture per serving.
16. Place filled bowls onto a baking sheet and broil until cheese is lightly browned and bobbling, about 2 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: COOK WITH SOUL EAT WITH PLEASURE!