Tuesday, June 27, 2017
DAN'S PERFECT PAN SEARED STEAK ENJOY DAN:
DAN’S PERFECT PAN SEARED STEAK by CHEF DAN:
1-1/2-pounds 1-1/2-inch-thick Boneless-in or boneless rib eye steak
8 crimini mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4cup cognac or brandy
1 fresh spring rosemary
1 fresh spring thyme
1 (15.5 Oz) can beef broth
1 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoon steak rub, (recipe to follow)
2 tablespoons fresh snipped chives
1. Rub steak with Dan’s steak rub, let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a cast-iron skillet to smoking hot, add oil and swirl to coat.
3. Add seasoned steak along with rosemary, thyme, garlic and shallots.
4. Fry for 2 minutes, flip using thongs and cook 2 minutes more.
5. After flipping baste like mad and cook 1 minute, adding more butter.
6. Turn heat to medium and baste one more time, and remove and tent.
7. Deglaze pan with cognac, tip toward flame and ignite BAM look out.
8. Mix broth with Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard.
9. Stir the broth mixture and bring to a boil, cook 2-3 minutes.
10. Stir in coconut milk and cook 2 more minutes.
11. Drizzle the steak with the sauce and serve with chives.
COFFEE INFUSED RUB:
1/4-cup EACH fresh ground coffee, and brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoons EACH ground black pepper and paprika
1/2-teaspoon EACH cayenne pepper, and kosher salt
1 tablespoon EACH garlic powder, onion powder, ground coriander, and cumin
1. In a bowl, stir together coffee and next 10 ingredients.
2. Rub into steak or pound with mallet.
ENJOY DAN: EAT LIVE SLOW THE FORK DOWN!!