Sunday, June 25, 2017
CROCK POT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP ENJOY DAN:
CROCK POT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP by CHEF DAN:
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-teaspoon EACH salt and pepper
2 cups vegetable broth
1 can Ro*TEL tomatoes with green chilies
1 (14.5 Oz) can black beans
1 (14 Oz) packet of taco seasoning
1 (10 Oz) can enchilada sauce
1 (3 Oz) can green chilies
1 (14 Oz) bag frozen corn
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon EACH ground cumin, and chili powder
Mexican sour cream
Tortilla chips cilantro
1. Spray a crock pot with Pam.
2. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat, and when sizzling.
3. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for 4 minutes turning once, or until browned on both sides.
5. Place in crock pot.
6. Add broth and remaining ingredients except cilantro.
7. Cook on low 4- 5 hours.
8. Then remove chicken and with 2 forks shred the chicken.
9. Return the chicken and cilantro to the crock-pot and cook 30 minutes.
10. Garnish with your favorite topping.
ENJOY DAN: FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD!!