Thursday, June 29, 2017
BASIC QUESADILLAS ENJOY DAN:
BASIC QUESADILLAS by CHEF DAN:
Makes 6 quesadillas
FOR THE QUESADILLAS:
1-1/2-cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 6-inch corn tortillas
FOR QUESADILLA FILLING:
3/4---pound chicken tenders (recipe to follow)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1(15 Oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed, and cooked.
1 tomato, diced
1 handful fresh arugula
1 avocado, diced
Mexican sour cream
TENDERS DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 F)
1. Spray a baking sheet with Pam.
2. Place 3 bowls in a row, and add the following to them.
3. Bowl #1 1/2-cup flour, 1 teaspoon cumin, a pinch of salt & pepper.
4. Bowl #2 beaten egg.
5. Bowl #3 1/4-cup flour, 1/3-cup cornmeal, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2-teaspoon EACH garlic powder, red chili flakes, and pinch salt and pepper.
6. Dredge each tender in bowl #1 shaking off excess.
7. Dip in bowl #2, then dip in bowl #3 press to coat completely.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes turning once.
9. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
1. Sprinkle the cheese directly onto the surface of the skillet.
2. Spreading it out to cover the diameter of the tortilla.
3. Lay the tortilla on top of the cheese ad press it gently into the melting cheese.
4. Let sit in the pan for 30 seconds.
5. Then flip the tortilla over with a spatula.
6. Slip on to a plate.
7. Fill with cooked black beans and next 6 ingredients
ENJOY DAN: FOR THE LOVE OF CHEESE!!