Saturday, June 17, 2017
GRILLED HEARTS OF ROMAINE SALAD by CHEF DAN:
4 heads romaine lettuce hearts
Calivirgin lusty lemon olive oil
1/2-cup Cougar Gold cheese
1/2-cup toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons NONNA PIA’S strawberry fig balsamic reduction
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Sherry Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4-cup pure maple syrup
1/4-cup olive oil
Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat (450 F).
2. Cut lettuce in half lengthwise.
3. Brush cut side with olive oil.
4. Grill lettuce halves, cut side down, until slightly caramelized outside but cool inside, about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer to a platter, cut side up.
6. Divide equally the cheese, onion, pine nuts and strawberry reduction.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Whisk together Sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar and remaining ingredients.
9. Very slowly add oil in an even stream and whisk until smooth and well-integrated.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!