Thursday, June 22, 2017
AVOCADO SALAD WITH LIME AND CUMIN VINAIGRETTE ENJOY DAN:
AVOCADO SALAD WITH LIME AND CUMIN VINAIGRETTE by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon EACH cumin seed, and mustard seeds
1/4-cup lime juice
1/4-cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
Kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4- olive oil
4 cups arugula leaves
2 beef tomatoes
4 ripe Hass avocados
1 tablespoon EACH cumin powder and Hungarian paprika
1/2-cup fresh whole cilantro leaves
1. In a cast-iron skillet toast cumin seeds and mustard seeds over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes.
2. Remove heat: let cool.
3. In a bowl whisk together lime juice and next 5 ingredients.
4. Add oil in slow, steady stream, whisking to combine.
5. Arrange arugula on serving plates.
6. Top with tomatoes, avocados, and onion.
7. Frizzle with 1/2-the vinaigrette.
8. Sprinkle with seeds, paprika and whole cilantro leaves.
9. Serve with additional vinaigrette on the side.
FRUGAL CHEF!! FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD!!