Monday, June 19, 2017
CUCUMBER ALMOND GAZPACHO ENJOY DAN:
CUCUMBER ALMOND GAZPACHO by CHEF DAN:
2 English cucumbers
1 bell pepper, divided
1-1/2-cup almond milk
5 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for garnish
Pinch of chili powder
1 garlic clove
1/2-teaspoon EACH marjoram and salt.
1/2-cup toasted slivered almonds
1 tablespoon fresh snipped chives for garnish
2 teaspoon cider vinegar
1. Dice enough unpeeled cucumber to equal 1/2-cup and combine with 1/2-bell pepper.
2. Set aside and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Peel the remaining cucumbers and cut into chunks.
4. Working in two batches, puree the peeled cucumber, the remaining bell pepper, and next 5 ingredients, and 6 tablespoons slivered almonds.
5. Add to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
6. To serve, garnish with reaming slivered almonds, and reserved vegetables.
7. Drizzle with splash of olive oil and fresh snipped chives.