Monday, June 26, 2017
ACINI DI PEPE PASTA ALLA TEQUILA MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
ACINI DI PEPE PASTA ALLA TEQUILA MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
12 ounces ziti pasta
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, small dice
2 garlic cloves, smashed
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 (10.5 Oz) can RO*TEL diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/2-cup almond milk
2 tablespoon Mexican sour cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoon fresh snipped chopped chives
1. Cook the ziti pasta in salted water according to package directions.
2. Reserve 1/2-pasta water.
3. In a skillet add olive oil over medium-heat and when sizzling.
4. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Set temperature to low and add red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt.
6. Saute for anouther 3 minutes.
7. Return heat medium, add tequila and cook for 4 more minutes.
8. Add tomatoes and cook 5 more minutes, until somewhat thickened.
9. Stir in almond milk and cook 2 minutes.
10. If too thick add reserved pasta water to thin.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Add the ziti pasta and toss to coat.
13. Top with Mexican sour cream and fresh chives.
ENJOY DAN: FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING AND FOOD!!