Sunday, September 25, 2016
TANDOORI CHICKEN WITH MINT YOGURT ENJOY DAN:
TANDOORI CHICKEN WITH MINT YOGURT by CHEF DAN:
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1/2-cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoon lemon juice
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, crushed
2 small dried red peppers from the GIBERESON FARM
1 tablespoon EACH ground cumin & paprika
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2-teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4-teaspoon EACH ground cardamom, ground cloves, turmeric powder ground fenugreek & black pepper
2 teaspoons seas salt or to taste
3/4-cup plain yogurt
2 teaspoons fresh mint, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
Whisk all yogurt ingredients in a bowl until combined; set aside.
INSTRUCTIONS: (preheat oven to 350 F)
1. Place all marinate ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add Tandoori mix and blend unto combined.
3. Place the chicken a zip lock bag and pour in marinate.
4. Marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
5. Remove chicken from marinate (reserve marinate).
6. Line a trey with foil and place a rack on the foil.
7. Bake 20 minutes & then brush with reserved marinate & bake 10 min.
8. Remove chicken from the oven turn chicken and brush on more marinate.
9. Bake 10-5 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.
10. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving.
11. Serve with mint yogurt and top with fresh basil.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT RED PEPPERS!!