Monday, September 19, 2016
DUKKAH CRUSTED SALMON WITH CHILI SALAD ENJOY DAN:
DUKKAH CRUSTED SALMON WITH CHILI SALAD by CHEF DAN:
1-1/2-cups almond flour
2 tablespoons dukkah (recipe to follow)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 salmon fillets
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tablespoon EACH Tandoori Masala & chipotle powder
2 tablespoon coconut oil
3 tablespoons EACH olive oil & lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 cups snap peas
1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
Fresh snipped chives
1. Place the almond flour, dukkah and salt in a small trey and toss.
2. In another bowl whisk the egg with the Tandoori Masala & chipotle powder
3. Dip each fillet into egg mixture and the dip into the dukkah mixture.
4. Heat the coconut oil into a skillet over medium-heat & when sizzling.
5. Add the salmon, turning ever 3-4 minutes, for 10 -12 minutes.
6. Or until golden brown and opaque.
7. Place the olive oil and next 4 ingredients, in a bowl; whisk to combine.
8. Add the snap peas, cucumber and toss to coat.
9. Divide the salmon and salad between serving plates and top fresh chives.
1/4-cup EACH hazelnuts and pistachios
1 tablespoons EACH coriander seeds, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, & Szechuan pepper
1/2-teaspoon EACH dried cilantro, dried thyme, and salt
1. In a dry cast-iron skillet over low-heat roast the hazelnuts until browned about 1 minute.
2. Roast the pistachios and next 5 ingredients and roast for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, thyme and salt.
4. When cool: place in food processor and pulse unit a dry crumble.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETTITE!!