Saturday, September 17, 2016
KOHLRABI CARROT APPLE SALAD WITH WALNUT VINAIGRETTE ENJOY DAN:
KOHLRABI CARROT APPLE SALAD WITH WALNUT VINAIGRETTE by CHEF DAN:
1 kohlrabi bulb. Peeled and diced
2 multi colored carrots, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons water craisins
2 scallions, bias sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
3 tablespoon lemon juice
Splash of salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2-cup walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon honey
1. In a cast-iron skillet over low-heat add walnuts and toast until slightly browned, let cool & set aside.
2. Combine all the salad ingredients except basil in a salad bowl.
3. Add lemon juice, splash of salt toss well and set aside.
1. In a blender blend together all vinaigrette ingredients.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Top salad with dressing, and fresh basil.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!