Sunday, September 25, 2016
MUSHROOM RISOTTO WITH BLACK TRUFFLE OIL ENJOY DAN:
MUSHROOM RISOTTO WITH BLACK TRUFFLE OIL by CHEF DAN:
FOR THE MUSHROOMS:
2 portobella mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
Grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
6 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2-cups Royal Italian Superfine Risotto
1/2-cup white wine
2 tablespoons butter, cubed
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon black truffle oil
1/2-cup Parmigiana reggiano cheese
Fresh Italian parsley for garnish
1. Slice the mushrooms & sauté, a handful at a time, with olive oil.
2. Season with salt & pepper, add the lemon zest & reserve.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat & when sizzling.
4. Add onions & garlic and sauté for 4 minutes.
5. Add rice and stir until the grains are well coated with oil.
6. Pour in the wine slowly, stirring constantly until the alcohol evaporates and the liquid is absorbed.
7. Add the broth 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes.
8. Continue adding the broth one cup at a time, stirring until each cup is absorbed before adding the next one.
9. Stir until the rice is tender 26-28 minutes.
10. The risotto should be slightly firm and creamy, not mushy.
11. Warm up the mushrooms in a skillet, then add the risotto.
12. Turn off heat and stir in butter and grated cheese.
13. Add the truffle oil and stir.
14. Serve the risotto & garnish with parsley & top with Parmigiana cheese
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT RICE!!