Wednesday, September 21, 2016
GIBERSON'S FARM ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
GIBERSON’S FARM ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
8 pounds’ spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
3 each butternut squash, halved and seeded
1/2-stick of butter
5 onions, chopped
12 ounces carimini mushrooms, sliced
14 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, minced
10 apples, peeled and cored and chopped
2 tablespoons EACH curry powder, & coriander
4 cups dry sherry
22 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
5 pinches cayenne pepper
2 (19 Oz) cans Mae Ploy coconut milk
INSTRUCTIONS: (PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 400 F)
1. Place the squash, cut side down, on a prepared baking sheet & roast for 45 minutes.
2. Scape out the flesh into s large bowl.
3. In a skillet over medium-heat, melt the butter and when sizzling.
4. Add the onions, mushrooms, and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
5. Stir in the garlic, ginger, curry & coriander and cook 1 minute.
6. Add the apples and sherry, cayenne and simmer for 10 minutes or until apples soften.
7. add coconut milk and simmer for 50 minutes.
8. With an immersion blender blend until almost smooth.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SQUASH!!