Sunday, September 25, 2016
SLOW COOKER HOT SPICE WASHINGTON GOLD CIDER ENJOY DAN:
SLOW COOKER HOT SPICED WASHINGTON GOLD CIDER by CHEF DAN:
Makes 16 cups (for Berdene’s Halloween party)
2 liters (66Oz) Washington Golden Cider
8 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, plus more for serving if desired
2 tablespoons whole cloves
6-8 allspice berries
16 ounces of rum
1. Pour Golden cider into a crock-pot.
2. Add cinnamon t cider.
3. Punch small holes all around the orange 1/2-inch -1-inch apart.
4. Carefully poke cloves into the holes.
5. Place orange in the crock pot along with the all spice berries.
6. Cook on low until hot and spiced through, about 4-hours.
7. Ladle into mugs along with 1 ounce of rum.
8. Place a cinnamon stick in each glass & serve.