Wednesday, September 21, 2016
PALEO GRANOLA WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS ENJOY DAN:
PALEO GRANOLA WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS by CHEF DAN:
Makes 5 cups
3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1-1/2-cups sliced toasted almond slices
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2-cup EACH sesame seeds and dried craisins (from Costco)
1/2-cup raw sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons EACH chia seeds & hemp seeds
1/2-teaspoon EACH sea salt & ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/8-teaspoons cardamom powder
1/4-cup pure maple syrup
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS: (preheat oven to 300 F)
1. In dry skillet over low heat toast almond slices until just brown.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Toss coconut flakes, and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl including toasted almonds.
4. In a skillet add oil over medium-heat and next 4 ingredients, stirring occasionally, until hot and easily pourable about 1 minute.
5. Pour over coconut mixture and stir to combine.
6. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake, stirring once halfway through until golden brown and crisp about 25 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!