Sunday, September 18, 2016
STEAM ROASTED MULTI COLOR CARROTS ENJOY DAN:
STEAM ROASTED MULTI COLOR CARROTS by CHEF DAN:
4 large multi colored carrots, peeled , keep a littl top in tact for presentation
1-small turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled and lightly smashed
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4-teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Siracha
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (pre-heat oven to 425 F)
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Toss the carrots, turnip, garlic, oil & a pinch of salt & few grind pepper on the baking sheet.
3. Spread in a single layer, cover tightly with foil.
4. Transfer to the oven to steam for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile combine the maple syrup and next 3 ingredients:
6. Carefully remove the foil, rotate the baking sheet.
7. Drizzle the vegetables with maple syrup mixture.
8. Continue roasting, turn once half way through, until browned, 20-25 minutes.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!