Wednesday, September 21, 2016
ROASTED KALE CHIPS WITH PINE NUTS AND PECORINO ROMANO ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED KALE CHIPS WITH PINE NUTS AND PECORINO ROMANO by CHEF DAN:
1-bunch kale, stems and tough ribs remove, leaves torn into bit size pieces
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2-teaspoon EACH chili powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder
1/4-teaspon EACH sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon EACH pine nuts, and craisins (from Costco)
2-teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Pecorina Romano (from Costco)
DIRECTIONS: (preheat oven to 450 F)
1. Toss kale and next 6 ingredients, together on a prepared baking sheet.
2. Roast for about 8 minutes.
3. Add pine nuts and toss to combine.
4. Continue roasting for 6-8 more minutes, or until crispy and edges begin to turn brown.
5. Transfer to a serving platter.
6. Stir in craisins and lemon juice.
7. Then toss with cheese.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT KALE!!