Monday, May 8, 2017
SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI QUINOA AND TURKEY STUFFED PAPERS ENJOY DAN:
SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI QUINOA AND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS
by CHEF DAN:
makes 4 peppers
4 peppers of assorted colors
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 zucchini, spiralized
1-1/2-tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2-teaspoon EACH dried funnel seeds and mustard seeds, crushed
1/8-teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 (10.5 Oz)
3 cups quinoa
1/2-cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
1/4-cup fresh basil
1. Core peppers and bring a pot water to boil.
2. Add peppers and boil for 10 minutes.
3. Remove and place in a prepared baking dish.
4. Meanwhile spiralize the zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add 1 tablespoon oil to a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
6. Add zucchini and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
7. Set aside.
8. In the same pan add remaining oil and ground turkey add next 4 ingredients sauté for 5 minutes or until turkey is browned.
9. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
10. Stir in tomatoes and cook for another minute.
11. Remove from heat and stir in quinoa and zucchini.
12. Toss with Parmesan cheese and the fresh basil; season to taste.
13. Transfer to the baking dish and fill then with turkey mixture.
14. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake 20 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!