Friday, May 5, 2017
SALTED CRUSTED POTATOES (PAPA SALADA) ENJOY DAN:
SALTED CRUSTED POTATOES (PAPA SALADA) by CHEF DAN:
Serves 6-8 (A COLOMBIAN DISH)
2 pounds’ baby potatoes or yellow skinned potatoes (about 1-inch in diameter)
1/2-cup kosher salt
1. Combine the potatoes and salt in a wide pot add enough water to just cover the potatoes.
2. Set the pot over high-heat and bring to a rapid boil.
3. Reduce heat as needed to maintain a vigorous simmer and cook potatoes until tender, 20-25 minutes.
4. Pour off all but 1/2-inch of water, then return pot to stove.
5. Increase the heat to high and roll the potatoes around in the reduced salt water until the water evaporates and salt crystallizes, about 3 minutes.
6. Continue rolling the potatoes around until the pan is completely dry.
7. And the potatoes are coated in an even salt crust.
8. And the skins appear slightly wrinkled, another minute or two.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT POTATOES!!