Friday, May 5, 2017
CINCO DE MAYO CHILIES RELLENOS ENJOY DAN"
CINCO de MAYO CHILIES RELLENOS by CHEF DAN:
2 fresh chilies (Anaheim, Pasilla, or Poblano
1 (10.5) diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 (8 Oz) bag shredded paperback cheese
1/4-cup all-purpose flour
1/3-teaspoon baking powder
1/3-cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 (10 Oz) can red enchilada sauce
1/4-cup Mexican sour cream
DIRECTIONS: (preheat oven to 375 F)
1. Roast chilies over a gas flame on your stove or BBQ.
2. Turn them occasionally until skins are blackened.
3. Remove from heat and place in a paper bag, about 20 minutes.
4. Then peel off the blackened skin.
5. Then cut down the middle and remove seeds and pith.
6. Fold or stuff equal amount of cheese inside each chili.
7. Arrange chilies side by side in a buttered casserole dish.
8. Pour diced tomatoes with green chilies over the chilies.
9. Beat egg until thick and foamy.
10. Add milk, flour and baking powder.
11. Pour egg batter evenly over chilies sprinkle with Cheddar cheese
12. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
13. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes.
14. Serve with Mexican sour cream.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!